A power interruption that caused electrical short circuit is blamed for Thursday’s fire here in Davao City that gutted 150 houses in Saint John Bucana where a fire also happened two days earlier.
Thursday’s fire happened around 1:20 in the afternoon March 10 in Purok 12.
Initial investigation showed that a television that was left plugged during a brownout was the cause of the fire. The television short circuited when the power went back in the area.
Last Tuesday, a fire also broke out in Purok 13-B of the same barangay that destroyed 61 houses and killed two elderly women. No one died from Thursday’s fire.
Affected residents of the two fires are now staying at the Busna Gym and Kasilak-Manggahan Gym.
Cost of damage in Tuesday’s fire reach an estimated P4.5 million while Thursday’s fire is still being assessed by the authorities.
Davao City has been experiencing rotational brownouts for weeks now and this is the first time that a fire was blamed on power interruption. Tuesday’s fire meanwhile was suspected to have been caused by children playing fire.
(Video by Jeepy Compio)