On his first day of official visit in Beijing, China it looks like President Rodrigo Duterte will be having his free time from morning until the afternoon of Wednesday, October 19, as his activity for the day is only a meeting with the Filipino community here which will happen in the evening.
But the rest of his cabinet will however be having a very busy day today, Wednesday, as they would be having separate meetings with their Chinese counterparts here including the hundreds of businessmen who accompanied the Philippine delegation here.
The official list of delegation include:
* Foreign Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr
* Finance Secretary Carlos Dominguez III
* Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana
* Trade Secretary Ramon Lopez
* Communications Secretary Martin Andanar
* National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon Jr
* Chief Peace Adviser Jesus Dureza
* Chief Legal Counsel Salvador Panelo
* House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez
* Senator Alan Peter Cayetano, chair of Senate committee on foreign affairs
* Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar
* Tourism Secretary Wanda Teo
* Cabinet Secretary Leoncio Evasco Jr
* Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade
* Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol
* Special Assistant to the President Christopher Go
* National Economic and Development Authority Director-General Ernesto Pernia
* Presidential Spokesman Ernesto Abella
* Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency Director-General Isidro Lapeña
* Interior Secretary Mike Sueno
* Bases Conversion and Development Authority President Vivencio Dizon
* Senator Sherwin Gatchalian
* Bohol 3rd District Representative Arthur Yap
* Valenzuela City 1st District Representative Wesley Gatchalian
* Kabayan Representative Harry Roque
* Presidential Adviser on Economic Affairs and Information and Communication Technology Ramon Jacinto
* Charge d’Affaires of Philippine Embassy in Beijing Elizabeth Te
* Special Envoy to China Carlos Chan
* Special Envoy to China Fernando Borja
Duterte arrived at the Beijing Capital International Airport past eight in the evening Tuesday after a 5-hour flight from Brunei.
Thursday, October 20, would be Duterte’s busiest day as he is scheduled to be welcomed at the Great Hall of the People by no less than Chinese President Xi Jinping.
A bilateral meeting will be held between the two nations which would include the Filipino businessmen accompanying the Philippine delegation. After the meeting, Xi and Duterte will witness the signing of various agreements, primarily in trade and investments.
Afterwhich, Duterte will also meet with Chinese Premier Li Keqiang and with National People’s Congress Chairman Zhang Dejiang.
He would also be the keynote speaker of the trade and investment forum attended by Filipino and Chinese businessmen.
Thursday’s activity would end with a state banquet in Duterte’s honor at the Great Hall.
On Friday, October 21, President Duterte would meet with representatives of the Bank of China. Though not yet in the official schedule of activities, Duterte may also visit a law enforcement agency, drug rehabilitation center, and traffic control center here in Beijing.
Duterte will depart for Davao City around noontime Friday.